Let’s talk about those early days of maternity leave from a BUSINESS perspective. In this episode, I’m sharing all the nitty-gritty details of my 5-month maternity leave as a business owner. (It was about 5 ½ months total - including the time before Colin was actually born, which we’ll get into in this episode!) In the last episode, I talked all about new motherhood from a postpartum life perspective, so check out that episode for a different perspective on this same timeframe.
LISTEN TO THIS EPISODE NOW:
On episode #139 (What I Did To Prepare For A 2 ½ Month Maternity Leave As An Online Business Owner), I told you all about how I planned a maternity leave from my business! Well, now maternity leave is over, and Colin is 6 months old! Tune into this episode to hear all about how my maternity leave planning as a business owner actually played out.
I’ll be sharing…
- What taking so much time away from my business was like
- The hilariousness of the early days of my maternity leave while waiting on Colin to be born
- The experience of working a little bit but not “a lot” (because you never really “stop” as a business owner)
- 3 ways I’ve built a business that allows for this much time away while still thriving
- How did all my planning actually play out in real life
- How much I worked/didn’t work
- What it was like executing a Black Friday sale while on leave (and what I’d do differently next time)
- How my desires for my work life changed when becoming a mom
- My team members review of the leave
- Plus, plenty of random tips for you throughout!
This is in no way a COMPLETE picture of my maternity leave. I wish I could share every important detail, but this covers most of it! I hope you’ll enjoy this casual and very real episode. And, I pray it helps you in some way as you plan time away from your business, whatever that looks like for you!
Pregnancy Podcast Episodes:
March 15, 2022