Ready to hear Colin’s birth story?! My sweet son Colin entered the world on September 2nd, 2021, and I’m here today to tell you that story, but more importantly to tell you how God showed up in a difficult birth experience. My labor was long, scary at times, and not what I “wanted”. Things didn’t go according to MY plan, but the story is beautiful nonetheless!
Instead of focusing on the nitty-gritty details of my labor experience, I’m going to hit the highlights and then tell you the 10 ways God showed up in the birth story. I want to encourage you to stay until the end too because I’ll be sharing some tips/takeaways for any expecting mamas! Plus, I saved one of my favorite ways God showed up for the VERY end… so stay until #10!
LISTEN TO THIS EPISODE NOW:
Listen & subscribe on your favorite platform: Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | Google Play | Spotify | iHeartRadio
Search for episode 148!
I recorded this episode solo, but Adam was by my side the whole time and was such an amazing birth partner. I wish you guys could hear his perspective too, but us both sitting down to outline and record this together might have taken hours and we have a newborn to care for, haha.
I hope you enjoy this episode. Thank you for holding space for me to vulnerably share my experience with you, and I hope hearing Colin’s birth story points you to the goodness of God. I feel so blessed to be his mama, and stay tuned for more motherhood content on this podcast in the near future!
Tune in to hear me share Colin's birth story!
Some highlights from this episode:
- How my plan for a birth center birth turned into a hospital induction
- How my induction didn't work and I went through the cascade of interventions
- How God showed up in the midst of an emergency c-section scare
- My experience with being GBS+ in pregnancy
- How to ask God to give you a scripture for your pregnancy and birth
- The story of 40+ hours of back labor finally shifting
- My birth tips for pregnant mamas
- The MANY ways God showed up in a difficult birth experience
December 14, 2021
read comments or leave a comment...