Are you a website designer looking for the best web design course to help you grow and run your business? Booked Out Designer is here to offer an ultimate web design course tailored specifically for entrepreneurs just like yourself looking to create a profitable BUSINESS from their design skills. In this article, I’ll break down the components of my comprehensive web design course so you can decide if it’s right for your business! I strongly believe in offering enough information for you to make an educated and empowered decision so if you are thinking about starting (or growing) a web design business, get comfortable and let’s dive in!
Choosing the Right Web Design Course for You
I have to be honest - I take a different approach from most of the other web design course creators I see in the space in that my course does NOT focus on the actual design work. And while that might seem like a strange choice, it’s because after 7 years as a designer I know that being a great designer is NOT ENOUGH to build a successful design business. In Booked Out Designer, I focus on what you need to actually build a business that pays you while you learn and enhance your design skills every step of the way. Whether you are already an experienced designer looking to streamline and scale your business or you are brand new to business and ready to jump in, Booked Out Designer is right for you if you want to focus on making a real business out of design! We talk about design skills on things like our coaching calls and in our Facebook community, but the bulk of this course is about business.
I’m going to dive in deeper on what Booked Out Designer includes (and what I think every web design course should include!) below, but here’s a snapshot:
- 90+ Transformational trainings divided into 9 modules covering everything marketing, pricing, legal and business foundations and so much more.
- Live monthly coaching calls (if you are looking for a web design course to help you launch your business, do NOT choose one without ongoing support!)
- Swipe files and templates (including an attorney-drafted contract) to help you get going faster and actually implement what you learn!
This course is so much more than a surface level “how-to” guide. It offers training and support that go far beyond what you can learn from Googling design things like “how to change fonts in Showit”. It provides resources on pricing, legal and business foundations, and marketing strategies—all important aspects of successfully running a website design business. Booked Out Designer gives you the skills and knowledge to set yourself up as an authority in the industry, taking your web design game to the next level. So if that’s what you’re looking for in a web design course, we would love to welcome you inside here.
Here's what past students have to say about this web design course!
Choosing a design business mentor + web design course
First of all, I'm a firm believer that opting for a larger, comprehensive course rather than multiple smaller course options can often yield greater benefits. The advantage of choosing a larger course partly lies in its ability to provide a holistic and comprehensive understanding of the subject matter (like in Booked Out Designer, I cover in detail everything I think you need to know, and I don’t skim the surface for the sake of brevity).
Smaller courses, on the other hand, tend to repeat and cover similar information in different modules. This is a generalization of course, and there are exceptions, but after 7 years in the online space it’s something I see come up over and over again. Duplicate information aside though, when trying to learn from different business owners and mentors it can often leave you feeling more stuck as well because you’ll find yourself in a sea of conflicting information. After all, there is often more than one way to do something and you can spend far too much time debating which approach to take than if you had gone “all in” on one strategic roadmap to get you from point A to point B.
Booked Out Designer might not be “cheap”, but it will show you how to get the results you’re after. This isn’t some $297 course that only shares just enough, but still keeps the big wins a secret.
Investing in a larger course allows you to gain a deeper and more nuanced understanding, which is why that’s the route I chose to take for my own web design course!
Here are some tips for choosing a business mentor or business course for designers:
- Make sure the mentor has already achieved success in your industry: Research and look into the mentor’s past successes in web design to ensure they have a proven track record of success.
- Ensure that the mentor can provide the guidance you need: Before deciding to work with a particular mentor, make sure there is enough support/time available for them to commit to helping you reach your goals. In Booked Out Designer, I offer live monthly coaching calls so that we can grow TOGETHER instead of leaving you on your own after you buy the web design course!
- Find out what kind of resources the mentor includes: Does the course you are considering offer any additional resources like templates, tools or software that can help you reach your goals? That was one thing that was really important to me when creating Booked Out Designer!
- Consider their teaching style: Make sure their teaching style aligns with what works best for you when it comes to learning new concepts or topics in growing a web design business. Want an example of my style? You can sample 2 lessons Booked Out Designer FREE here. (No credit card required!) And, if you’ve ever listened to my podcast, Breakthrough Brand, you’ll find my teaching style in the course is very similar.
- Make sure they understand what it actually takes to run a successful design business in 2023, 2024 and beyond. Especially for things like marketing (which you DO need to master in order to grow your business), you want to make sure the course or program is going to share what’s working now in the online world. It changes quickly.
Who is Elizabeth McCravy?
Here’s what you should know about ME if you are thinking about signing up for Booked Out Designer:
- I’m a wife, mom, and Christian business owner whose been in business over 8 years.
- Over the years, I've been able to help over 2,000 entrepreneurs show off their skills through my collection of customizable website templates and my custom branding and web design work.
- I'm also proud to be a Showit Top Designer, Showit Design Partner and go-to resource for the online business community.
- On my podcast - The Breakthrough Brand Podcast - I share all my business strategy tips and tricks so aspiring entrepreneurs can learn how to create successful businesses they love. Definitely tune in to get an idea if I might be the right mentor for you!
What’s included in Booked Out Designer that makes it the best web design course?
When I created Booked Out Designer, I wanted it to be a comprehensive course that covers all aspects of creating a successful design business. But at the same time, I wanted to make sure my students could jump around different sections and use it like a toolkit - taking what they need right away and coming back to it over and over again as their business evolves. That's why my course is broken down into modules that are easy to understand and digest - so you can quickly find the information you need when you need it.
Let’s recap the modules that house literally everything I believe you need from a web design course if you want to turn your design skills into a business:
Module 1: Marketing Your Design Business
Marketing is often overlooked when starting a business, but it plays a crucial role. In this module, I'll show you how to develop a solid marketing strategy. Learn how to build an audience, drive traffic to your offers, and stand out in a crowded marketplace. Don't underestimate the power of marketing - it’s a HUGE focus not only in this module but throughout the entire course!
Module 2: Your Niche, Ideal Client, and Website
In this module, you'll gain insights into the real deal behind "niching down" and "ideal client avatars" and learn how to create and implement a customized plan that actually works for you (complete with what you need to include on your own website!).
This module is not just about buzzwords. This module isn’t about how to guess your Ideal Client’s favorite coffee order! It goes beyond that, delving into my unique approach to niching down and highlighting the common mistakes I've observed both new AND experienced designers make. Don't underestimate its power – even experienced designers have gained tremendous value from these training sessions! We also cover some website must-haves for yourself whether you’re a brand designer, web designer, stationery designer, or illustrator. (We have them all in this course community!)
Module 3: Networking to Book Clients
This is one of my favorite modules that not enough people talk about. It's like a secret key to building a successful business! From sliding into Instagram DMs (in a non-creepy way!) to crafting podcast pitches and attending live events, this module will transform you into a networking ninja and help you make lots of fellow entrepreneur friends. Yes - I cover how to write pitches and get high-quality referrals too! After taking this module, students report getting booked on dream podcasts, gaining speaking experience at live events and summits, and so much more.
Module 4: Marketing on Social Media
As I mentioned from the beginning, marketing is a key priority throughout the course because without customers, you don’t really have a business. If you find content creation, marketing, and social media confidence challenging, this module is truly invaluable (I assure you – my students can vouch for it saying these modules are worth the cost of the course alone!). Inside this module, I dive into everything you need to know about Instagram and Pinterest marketing (although the principles can be adapted to other platforms as well!).
Module 5: Legal and Financial Business Foundations
If you're considering a web design course that doesn't cover the legal, ethical, and financial aspects of your business, run! In this module, we'll make learning about contracts, LLCs, SPs, bookkeeping, accounting, and financial tracking/planning fun.
This module is so much more than a “how to” guide. Inside, I include:
- An attorney-drafted contract template you can swipe and customize for your business ($350 value)
- How (and when) to hire a bookkeeper and accountant
- My recommended credit cards, banks, health insurance companies, and more
- How to streamline and track your finances so you actually know how much you’re making
- Design Integrity principles — how to avoid copying others and what to do if you’ve been copied or accused of copying
- A class with my personal bookkeeper on DIYing your own bookkeeping for your design business
Module 6: Pricing for Profit
If you’ve followed me for any length of time, you know how important it is to me that your business does more than just hit vanity revenue numbers. When I say I want to help you grow a 6 figure business, I want as much of that as possible to be PROFIT.
In this module, I share the secret behind creating premium design packages and how to set the right prices for your services. Unlike other web design courses that barely scratch the surface on pricing, this module dives deep into my exact pricing system. I also address things like the money mindset blocks that have been keeping you stuck and spoiler alert - they aren’t always what you expect!
And by the way - in case you already know one of your weaknesses is mindset, Booked Out Designer INCLUDES an extra 5 day mini course to help you embrace an abundant mindset. It’s truly the first step to growing a thriving business! As you get going in Booked Out Designer, this mini course is a great add on to get you in the mindset to really take the course seriously and see results!
Module 7: Making the Sale (Discovery Calls & Project Proposals)
This is another place I find your average web design course falls short! What happens when someone actually reaches out to inquire? Module 7 goes beyond just hypotheticals and instead shows you exactly how to respond to initial client inquiries with confidence (and a plan!), gives you three unique discovery call methods for booking clients, and shares how to prepare for and execute amazing discovery calls. I go through my EXACT client booking process from start to finish and give you an exact play-by-play for executing a discovery call. Don’t worry - I also share major discovery call mistakes to avoid (and prepare you for awkward things that might happen!)
Module 8: Creating a Wow-Worthy Client Process
Inside Booked Out Designer, I am the first to admit I dedicate considerable attention to marketing, but this isn’t just a marketing course. I am firmly not one of those "gurus" solely focused on making sales at any cost. Let's talk about the course's QUEEN module where I share my comprehensive and proven client process, guiding you from the initial booking phase to the final project launch and blogging about your projectt. Regardless of your design business type, the knowledge and techniques taught in this module can be applied for your benefit. And here's the best part – I hold nothing back. You have access to every detail, and rest assured, it works like a charm! I even give you my ClickUp Project template! This is most people’s favorite module for a reason.
Module 9: Put it into Action: Real Client Calls with Elizabeth + Clients
In Module 9, you'll see that I practice what I preach around here! This course goes beyond just telling you how to run a client meeting – it shows you firsthand. Explore four diverse client meetings with real clients, all filmed prior to the creation of this course. Get ready for an authentic learning experience that highlights the expertise of a true professional in the field and see what you’ve learned put into real life situations with real life web design clients!
The Best Web Design Course: What Else Do You Need to Become a Successful Designer?
If right now you are thinking “wow - Booked Out Designer has everything!”, I want to share three more things that I think make it the best web design course ever! As I said from the start, I want this to be more than something you binge in a month and forget about. I want you to actively use this “course” as a toolkit and implement everything you learn to help you run a thriving design business.
#1 Swipe Files and Templates
Have you ever taken a course that was all theory and no action? Not Booked Out Designer! Booked Out Designer takes your learning experience to the next level by not only providing essential knowledge but also offering all the necessary resources for immediate implementation. For instance, you'll have access to valuable tools like my Profit Sheet to optimize and plan for your business earnings, pre-built ClickUp project templates for seamless project management, and an attorney drafted contract that ensures legal protection. With these comprehensive and tangible resources, I want to make sure you'll be well-equipped to excel in your new design career. Also, those 3 templates alone are worth $687 if they were sold separately.
#2 The COMMUNITY of fellow web designers
I believe that community is incredibly important! By enrolling in Booked Out Designer, you will gain access to our exclusive students-only Facebook group. Inside, you will find a diverse range of designers from various niches and stages in their businesses (not everyone is a web designer!).
And let me just say - this Facebook group is well used! This is not your average free Facebook group where you may hesitate to ask challenging questions due to potential clients seeing. Our community is solely for designers, and we prioritize creating a supportive and welcoming environment.
On top of that, as your teacher, I am actively involved in the group. Many courses offer Facebook groups, but more often than not, the course creator is not actively engaged. In our group, I frequently share valuable tips, advice, and my own ongoing learning. This isn’t an "Elizabeth's Advice Group" either - our members have a wealth of amazing advice to offer as well (and they are eager to share it!).
#3 You Get Live Group Coaching Calls
From the very beginning, my vision for Booked Out Designer has been to create something that evolves alongside you and feels more like an ongoing membership than a quick course. That's why I bring you the opportunity to join group coaching calls where you'll receive personalized business and design advice directly from me. I truly believe that personalized coaching is the key to reaching your business goals faster and with greater clarity.
By becoming a member of Booked Out Designer, you'll gain ongoing access to these monthly calls, guaranteeing that you never miss out on the valuable insights they offer. During these face-to-face Zoom sessions, you'll have the chance to ask me anything and learn from the questions posed by other students. I can assure you, these calls will quickly become the highlight of your month. And, yes… you get ONGOING access. We still have people on our coaching calls that purchased 2+ years ago and come back each month to learn and grow.
What can you expect if you join Booked Out Designer?
Are you just getting started and looking for a web design course that will teach you everything you need to know about running a profitable and in demand design business? Or maybe you are tired of feeling overwhelmed, burnt out, and under-earning as a designer? In conclusion, if you join me inside Booked Out Designer, you will:
- Learn how to run client projects smoothly and effortlessly, thanks to our tried-and-true system that both you and your clients will love
- gain the skills and confidence to attract high-paying clients, bringing you one step closer to reaching that dreamy 6-figure goal (or whatever number you are after!)
- say goodbye to the 9 to 5 grind as you transform your design passion from a mere hobby to a legitimate business that gives you the financial freedom you’ve been looking for
- become a recognized leader in your design industry and niche
- learn professional marketing strategies that work now, allowing you to expand your reach beyond Instagram and connect with your ideal clients.
What do you think? Are you ready to take your design career to the next level? Sign up for Booked Out Designer today and unlock your full potential as a confident, successful, and booked out designer. I’ve included payment plans to help make this web design course accessible because I would love to cheer you on every step of the way! Get instant access now!
September 18, 2023