I had so much fun designing this nursery look — between the dark green accent wall, rattan accent pieces, and the SUPER CHIC artwork… I’d say baby boy has a pretty cool set up! And, it only took me 15 months (and moving houses) to finally blog this nursery! #Parenthood So, here we go… links and all for Colin’s fun baby boy nursery.
[Just want quick links to everything? Click here for all the nursery product links!]
Let’s Talk Chic Baby Boy Nursery Art
When designing your nursery, I recommend starting with the art and building around the room from there! As soon as I started designing my baby boy nursery, I said one rule — only cool art, no baby animals. Now, don’t get me wrong, I love cute baby whales and adorable little lions. But, I wanted the type of art in the baby’s room that I’d put anywhere else in the house and that can grow up with him a bit.
Enter — Paul Fuentes. I absolutely LOVE his art style – daring, chic, and truly artistic. And, there are so many cool pieces in his collections that would work great for a baby girl or boy nursery. I ultimately went with the “Tiger Motel Art Print”. The coloring was just what I was looking for and I loved the Southern California desert vibes. Plus, now as a 15-month old, Colin loves to point to his tiger art and attempt to say “Tiger!”. And, to bring the tiger art full circle, we also put my childhood stuffed animal tiger, named Cubby, on a shelf as decor.
For the second big framed image, we went with this fun Yellow Van Print by Sisi and Sebb. I ordered it as a digital file from Etsy, and then printed it with VistaPrint. I love the way the 2 art pieces look side by side above the crib!
A FEW NURSERY ART TIPS:
- Buy non-glass frames if hanging art above the crib. I made the mistake of first ordering glass frames from Amazon, and as soon as they arrived I was like “Wait! I cannot put this heavy giant piece of glass above my kids head while they sleep!” ENTER: Ikea Art Frames. (These are lightweight and glass-free, perfect for a nursery!) I used the 19 ¾ x 27 ½ size.
- To hang the frames, we actually used command strips since they are lighter weight. So, no nails in the walls. One on each side of the frame worked perfectly and did not damage the walls at all.
- If you are buying the same Paul Fuentes print as I did, note that the version on Society6 is not full bleed, meaning it has a white border around it. I ended up buying a different version from Red Bubble that is way cheaper (and lower quality) but is full bleed. So that’s the version you see in these photos!
Art Prints, Frames, and Wall Shelve Links:
Tiger Print by Paul Fuentes (version that is not full bleed)
Tiger Print by Paul Fuentes (version that is full bleed but longer quality -- this is what’s in our nursery)
Yellow Van Print by Sisi and Sebb (digital file only, I printed with VistaPrint)
Leather Strap Floating Shelves (shelving above changing table)
Ikea Art Frames (These are lightweight and glass-free, perfect for a nursery!)
Ikea Floating Book Shelves (shelving next to window)
Boho Furniture Nursery Pieces
I am obsessed with the main furniture pieces in this room. The nursery is on the smaller side, but we made it all fit really functionally. I’m linking all the furniture below. 15 months into parenthood, we still love it all! Highly recommend going with a traditional chest of drawers combined with a changing basket instead of an actual “changing table”. It’s way more functional long term. We also love how we transformed the white dresser simply by changing out the knobs. Total uplevel with the rattan boho look! Additionally, the Nursery Works Rocker is pricey, but worth it. The leather material is great for spills, as it's so easy to just wipe off. Plus, it's very comfortable for nursery and rocking.
The Big Furniture Pieces:
Boho Rattan Furniture Knobs (on the dresser)
Boho Nursery Changing Table Area
Probably the most used part of your nursery, especially in those early months if baby is sleeping in your room still — the changing table. I LOVED doing a changing basket with a regular dresser. And the hanging shelves from amazon were easy to hang (and no assembly required). Everything linked below!
Changing Table Links:
Boho Rattan Furniture Knobs (on the dresser)
Mirror is from Kirkland's (can’t find online link)
Thanks for reading! All opinions are my own, but please note that some links above are affiliate links, which means I get a small kick back if you purchase via my link.
Want more new mama content?
- Our gender reveal party and photoshoot recap
- 1st-trimester favorite products, podcasts, and books
- 1st trimester Q&A - doulas, natural childbirth prep, and finding the gender
- Our pregnancy announcement!
- 2nd Trimester Recap (blog and podcast)
- 3rd Trimester Photoshoot at 34 weeks
- What I did to prepare for a maternity leave from my business
- My Postpartum Journey
- My Birth Story
December 19, 2022