I’m back at it with a goal setting post! I blogged about my goals for January 2018 and my #1 tip for setting goals here. I skipped over blogging my goals for February (whoops!), but seeing that the January post is one of the most viewed posts ever on my blog, I’m bringing this series back!
If you like being organized and using tools to help you reach your goals (LIKE ME!), then Powersheets might be the perfect addition to your desk. So, what are Powersheets?
PowerSheets is an intentional goal-setting planner that helps you uncover purpose-filled goals and plan action steps to make what matters happen. But, it’s not a typical planner at all. There’s no monthly overview or spots to write out your day-to-day tasks. This is a big picture, 186 page, vision book. These bad boys aren’t just for business owners at all, PowerSheets are perfect for women at any stage of life!
I set daily, weekly, and monthly goals with Powersheets, I reflect on the previous month, set a focus word, and all kinds of good stuff that helps me do more of what I love in life!
February was a busy, busy month full of so much fun stuff! We celebrated my husband’s birthday by having a getaway to a gorgeous cabin. My in-laws came to visit, and we got to show them a fun weekend in Nashville! I accepted a job as the Marketing Manager for one of my favorite companies EVER - Well-Watered Women, and they also hired me to redesign their website. I ended my Whole30, and got to eat chocolate and pizza again. HOORAY! I read 2 books: The Road Back to You and Food Freedom Forever (for the second time). Both were incredibly impactful in my month. I started using The Five Minute Journal to practice gratitude and be more intentional with my days. My sweet client, Brittany launched her gorgeous new brand and website. Yay!
The Pinterest Birthday Cake FAIL that I made for my husband. It still tasted good though, haha!
Enjoying Arrington Vineyards with my sweet family when they came to visit!
I accepted a Marketing Manager position at Well-Watered Women!
So, read on for my March 2018 Goals…
- Give a gift to someone: It’s a yearly goal for me to give a gift to someone each month for no reason except to show that I love them. I LOVE giving gifts, and I don’t want to reserve it just for the holidays. January and February I gave gifts to my mother and mother-in-law, and I haven’t decided who this month will be yet! 😉
- Do Taxes: The dreaded tax time is HERE. I’m so excited to get this off my plate, and I’m super thankful to be working with a local accountant this year to make sure we are doing everything correctly!
- Finish Creating Client Portal: I’ve been designing a “portal” website for my past and present clients. I am SO excited about this! The portal will be complete with training videos for using Showit and WordPress, resources to help my clients grow their business, a quick place to schedule meetings, make payments, view their questionnaires, and all that good stuff! Finishing it this month is a BIG GOAL, but in all likelihood, it’ll be completely ready in April.
- Launch Websites for Katy, Tonya, and Louise: Those names are 3 of my lovely branding and website design clients! Katy owns a home organization company, Tonya is a photographer, and Louise is a life and business coach. All 3 of these ladies are on schedule to launch this month! Stay tuned!
- Run 5k - 5 Times: If you know me, then you know I love working out, but I’m not so into running. But, I’m running a 5k race in April, and I want to attempt to actually make a good race time in it, which means I have to train. Any runners out there want to offer some advice?!
- Read Stillhouse Lake: This is a super amazing mystery novel. Any mystery and suspense fans out there?! As much as I love reading business books, it’s so fun when I can unwind with a book that is solely for entertainment. [Check it out on Amazon here.]
- Read The Miracle Morning: One of my goals for 2018 is to establish a morning routine that helps me wake up with more intention, be productive and make sure I’m doing the things I love. This book is a great start for offering a vision for what that can look like. [Check it out on Amazon here.]
- Get a Massage and go to Restorative Yoga Class: You might read that and think “That’s not a goal!” First of all, goals can (and should be) things that help you cultivate what matters in your life, even if they are fun and seem easy. Second, self-care won’t happen if you don’t schedule it to happen. Life always gets in the way unless you are intentional about it. I’m in my busiest season ever in my business, which makes doing things to help me relax and relieve tension is more important than ever!
- Send 2 Speak Social Newsletters: I am FINALLY starting to send emails to all the amazing people on my email list. Yay! Last month, I set out my first newsletter full of fun resources and business tips. You can sign up for the mailing list here or opt-in for any freebies on my website to get added!
- Fun Day Trip with Adam: With spring in the air, I really want to make time to go on a day hiking trip with my sweet husband who LOVES hiking (and probably misses that he doesn’t get to go as much anymore)! So, I am planning for us to go on a weekend to Chattanooga (or somewhere else close by) for a day hike and fun dinner out!
- James Bible Study: I’ve been doing the Jen Wilkin’s 12 Week Bible study on James since February, and I am LOVING it. It’s free to download online and there’s a podcast episode for each week that goes with the study. [Check out the study here!]
- Meal Prep + Plan: Anyone else’s weeks go better when they have meals prepared and planned out?! Me too! Each week, usually on Sunday afternoons, I plan our meals for the week, buy groceries, and then prep a few things in advance.
- Quality Time with a Friend: I want to pursue deeper friendships with my current friends and new friends! Each week, I want to have at least one meaningful hangout time with someone!
- PWR Workouts (Weeks 5-9): I’ve been doing the PWR weight training program in the Sweat app by Kayla Itsines and Kelsey Wells for a month now. I LOVE IT. I’m a huge fan of Kayla, and I did her BBG workouts in college, so it’s fun to try the new spin of the program in the app! [If you want to hear more about these workouts, ask me! I’d love to tell you about them!]
- Listening Prayer Time: I want to pray with more intention and more listening. I have been moved by studying this scripture in my James study: “Be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry.” Jen points out that this applies to our relationship with Jesus, too. I want to become slower to speak in my prayer time and to listen with meditation to what the Lord has to tell me. [I talk a little more about this in my guest post on Well-Watered Women!]
- Clear the Clutter: Each week, I plan to tackle one area of our home to clear out the mess! This will mean giving some things away, throwing some things away, and organizing a little bit too.
- Inbox ZERO on Fridays: Doesn’t it sound amazing to go into the weekend knowing that there aren’t any lurking emails that you forgot about?! As my business has grown, so has my inbox, and I think that getting all messages answered by Friday each week will help manage that.
- Be Active: I don’t workout every day, but as someone who sits down for work, I want to make sure I’m moving!
- Word Before World: This phrasing comes from my sweet friends at Well-Watered Women (who are now a client!). This literally means being in the Word of God before being consumed by the world each morning. [You can read more about how you can do this here!]
- Eat Veggies: A serving of veggies a day keeps the doctor away, am I right!?
- Wake Up Before 6:30 am: If I want to establish a morning routine, that starts with waking up early enough to get it all in before work!
- Respond to messages: This one might seem funny to read on Powersheets, but I am the WORST at making sure I text people back, reply to social media messages, and everything in between!
So tell me, what are your goals this month?!
I so appreciate being able to share with Powersheets goals with you! It keeps me accountable and is a fun way to share a little bit more about myself that isn’t all business related!
Note: This post contains affiliate links. However, I ONLY support brands that I believe are worth the investment and that use in my own life.